Golden Farmers Market Policies
1. Participation in the GFM is limited to vendors, Non-Profit & educational organizations.
2. Vendors from Golden & Area A/Brisco take precedence. Space is limited at our location. A waiting list will be compiled for certain dates.
3. Proper permits for raised, wild harvest, & out of town farm produce will be asked for.
4. Wholesalers are not permitted to sell at GFM.
6. Vendors must either Make, Bake, Grow, Raise & Wild Harvest within British Columbia, It is at our own market’s discretion to allow out of town and/or out of province vendors. Please read BCAFM's new policy & regulations.
7. All Artisanal & Baked items must be made by vendor and adhere to 60/40 rule, providing services and education included. ex. A knitter does not need to spin their own wool, nor a jeweler mine their own metals, a baker produce his own flour & sugar, or brewery/distillery personally grow their own supplies.
8. Baked goods must be made from scratch.
9. All vendors must be personally and actively involved in the production of their products available for sale at the market and must be present at the GFM during market hours.
10. Food vendors are required to provide the Market manager a list of foods to be sold with a list of ingredients as required by Interior Health Guidelines at Temporary Food Markets.
11. Golden Farmers’ Market managers have final approval of product eligibility.
12. All Vendors must have a current Town of Golden Business License, We recommend you carry this license with you to each market, Bylaw officer will check periodically. This includes vendors who sell products occasionally at the GFM. http://www.golden.ca/Departments/Corporate-Services/Business-Licenses.aspx
13. All Food vendors shall have a food safety plan and follow current Food Safety guidelines. Any questions or concerns may be directed to the local Health/Food inspector. See Addional Information+ Links.
14. The market booth space is 10' x 10'. In compliance with the wheelchair accessibility status that the GFM has, booths must be set back from sidewalk 1 metre.
15. Vendors must bring necessary weights for tents, and/or provide any other safety measures to ensure all items are properly secured.
16. Wednesday markets begin at 12pm until 5pm. Saturday markets begin at 10am and run till 3pm. Selling prior to start times is not permitted.
17. Unless permission has been received from GFM managers, vendors are not permitted to breakdown their tents and pack up prior to GFM closing time. Vendors may personally leave early, but must come back to pack-up at 5pm on Wednesdays or 3pm on Saturdays. ex. if you sell-out or have an appointment.
18. Vendor’s stalls must be clean upon departing the GFM.
19. Vendors own pets must be kept on short leash & contained to vendor's personal area. Complaints will be addressed, and if not solved, pet will be banned from the GFM. Please use your common-sense, because it's not the pet’s responsibility.
20. If you know that you cannot be in attendance to a particular market, 48 hour notice is required so we can fill your space. GFM will waive the need for notice in the case of emergencies and other unforeseen events including adverse weather.
21. Failure to adhere to the above policies may result in a vendor’s expulsion from the GFM.
1. We Recommend vendors purchase their own insurance, as the Golden Farmers Market insurance does not cover individual vendors. Please see our “See additional Information+ Links under the contact page for more info.” to purchase insurance coverage for your activities as a vendor.