Golden Farmers Market Policies
1. Participation in the GFM is limited to vendors, Non-Profit & educational organizations.
2. Vendors from Golden & Area A/Brisco take precedence. Space is limited at our location. A waiting list will be compiled for certain dates.
3. Proper permits for raised, wild harvest, & out of town farm produce will be asked for.
4. Wholesalers are not permitted to sell at GFM.
6. Vendors must either Make, Bake, Grow, Raise & Wild Harvest within British Columbia, It is at our own market’s discretion to allow out of town and/or out of province vendors. Please read BCAFM's new policy & regulations.
7. All Artisanal & Baked items must be made by vendor and adhere to 60/40 rule, providing services and education included. ex. A knitter does not need to spin their own wool, nor a jeweler mine their own metals, a baker produce his own flour & sugar, or brewery/distillery personally grow their own supplies.
8. Baked goods must be made from scratch and ingredient list available to customers.
9. All vendors must be personally and actively involved in the production of their products available for sale at the market and must be present at the GFM during market hours.
10. Food vendors are required to provide the Market manager a list of foods to be sold with a list of ingredients as required by Interior Health Guidelines at Temporary Food Markets.
11. Golden Farmers’ Market managers have final approval of product eligibility and can request removal of products.
12. All Vendors MUST have a current Town of Golden Business License, We recommend you carry this license with you to each market, Bylaw officer will check periodically. This includes vendors who sell products occasionally at the GFM. http://www.golden.ca/Departments/Corporate-Services/Business-Licenses.aspx
13. All Food vendors shall have a food safety plan and follow current Food Safety guidelines. Any questions or concerns may be directed to the local Health/Food inspector. See Addional Information+ Links.
14. All organic products must have government certification. A product naturally grown, without certification CANNOT be labelled organic.
15. CBD products are PROHIBITED from being sold at the Farmers' Market. CBD and products containing CBD, such as cannabis oil, may only be sold by a:
- provincially or territorially-authorized cannabis retailer
- federally-licensed seller of cannabis for medical purposes
16. All soap, body products are classified as cosmetics and vendors must fill out the Notification of Cosmetics to Health Canada for approval.
17. The market booth space is 10' x 10'. In compliance with the wheelchair accessibility status that the GFM has, booths must be set back from sidewalk 1 metre.
18. Vendors must bring necessary weights for tents, and/or provide any other safety measures to ensure all items are properly secured, the market's insurance DOES NOT cover your vendor stall for any damages that may occur.
19. Selling prior to start times is not permitted.
20. Unless permission has been received from GFM managers, vendors are not permitted to breakdown their tents and pack up prior to GFM closing time. Vendors may personally leave early, but must come back to pack-up at the end market time. ex. if you sell-out or have an appointment.
21. Vendor’s stalls must be clean upon departing the GFM.
22. Vendors and customer pets are NOT ALLOWED at the GFM market.
23. If you know that you cannot be in attendance to a particular market, 48 hour notice is required so we can fill your space. If less than 48 hour notice is given, the vendor must pay the vendor fee prior to participating in the next market date.
24. Failure to adhere to the above policies may result in a vendor’s expulsion from the GFM.
1. We Recommend vendors purchase their own insurance, as the Golden Farmers Market insurance does not cover individual vendors. Please see our “See additional Information+ Links under the contact page for more info.” to purchase insurance coverage for your activities as a vendor.
2. We Recommend that vendors selling food for human consumption complete the Market FoodSafe Course at a minimum.